LEONARDO DICAPRIO IS A CLASS ACT SHOWING OTHERS THE POWER OF PERSISTENCE AND PERSEVERENCE, TO KEEP GOING WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU BACK AND HOW TO GET OUT THERE AND GRAB THE OPPORTUNITIES THAT ARE HANDED TO YOU!The power of persistence and perseverance will change the way you experience life it also inspires others and will gain respect for you. Perseverance is the willingness to push onwards in spite of criticism, self-doubt, fear of failure and it takes persistence to work hard and never give up. Leonardo DiCaprio taught us many things with his win at the ‘Oscar’s‘ …ONE: being exactly that persistence and perseverance paid off when he won his first ‘Oscar’ for the best leading actor for his performance in ‘The Revenant.’ The ‘Oscars’ is a great celebration and spectacular event….millions of people sat glued to the screens to watch the complete coverage of the 88th Academy Awards. From checking out what everyone was wearing to seeing if their favorite stars had received an award but for others they would learn from the valuable life lessons Leonardo DiCaprio showed us. He is a real example of how stick ability will get you the rewards. The American actor has been nominated six times for an ‘Oscar.’ His first nomination came at the age of 19 and he has had to wait 22 years to be finally awarded and ‘Oscar.’ Leonardo has had a very diverse career going from relatively modest beginnings appearing in low budget films to now a very sought after actor appearing in Hollywood blockbuster movies and he is one of the most respected actors with much to offer the world. This highly sought after and prestigious award is the absolute pinnacle of achievement for any actor – it is the recognition of their work from the most prestigious body of judges in their industry. So for his continued efforts and great performances his perseverance and persistence finally paid off and won him the ultimate prize an ‘OSCAR.’ So what is the most valued prize that you seek, the prestigious award? What is the coveted position you want? What does success mean to you? You have to know with certainty that it’s not a matter of if you will be successful, but when! Also we can learn from Leonardo how to grab your opportunities when they come along. He is very passionate about ‘Climate Change’ and how urgent the need is to take action to save the planet. He took this opportunity and used the powerful platform he was on to deliver his message for the powerless that don’t have the opportunity to voice their concerns in such a huge public arena. In his acceptance speech he delivered a strong statement and used his voice for the good of others. This very special moment was about him and his ‘Oscar’ win but he didn’t make it just about him. So many people in his position would not have had the courage to venture into a political issue for fear of what it might do to them and their career. What better opportunity was there than this when he had such a huge captive audience. He realized the powerful opportunity he had and he took this moment to get his message out to the world. He is very passionate about environmental and humanitarian causes, donating millions of dollars to these and he founded the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation to support sustainability efforts. On the night of the ‘Oscars’ win he had the courage to stand up for what he believes in and he took this opportunity to spread his message. Always keep alert to what opportunities are around you and grab them with both hands and go for gold. Leonardo has shown us that after 22 years of giving his best he now has the ultimate reward. To achieve anything of value and importance it is a must to keep persevering – don’t ever give up. If there is no willingness to make the necessary sacrifices and to put in the effort then the reward is not deserved. It is possible to have, do or be anything but it requires the belief that it is possible. To have the right attitude and it also takes commitment, that determination and discipline, having courage, keeping focused on your goal, being persistent and persevering until reaching your identified goal. Leonardo started off as just an ordinary youth at 19 and this is a real glimpse into how normal everyday people can change their life’s and became extraordinary - anybody can do the same in their own live. In an interview, Leonardo said – “I think I survive because I don’t limit myself. If there’s some experience I want to have or a place I want to go, I go do it.” This is a very powerful statement and one that is true for anyone wishing to be successful. ..it’s all about YOU – personal development is the secret to more confidence and success…..don’t limit yourself. Be comfortable in your own skin – be the real YOU and be rewarded with the life you want. It’s about keeping focused and staying true to your message, going after what you want and letting go of the trivia…the small stuff. Leonardo puts it this way with his tips on how to survive an interview with a journalist – “ Only talk about what you want to talk about, no matter what the question. How true is this and how many people get caught up with mindless chatter, gossip, that takes them no where, just wasting their time. Successful people know this well. Keep focused on the goal and the action steps that need to be taken rather than just talking about a bunch of thoughts and what you might do and could do and hope that something works. Leonardo’s achievements and incredible life story are an inspiration to empower people and to show that you must take control of your own life. You don’t have to wait before breaking free of what is holding you back and living a life that you are really proud of. Don’t settle for anything less than the ultimate prize and always be prepared to quickly capitalize on the opportunities that are being presented to you. No one is YOU and that is your POWER. Stay committed to WHO you really WANT to BE.! “If you can do what you do best and be happy, you’re further along in life than most people." Leonardo DiCaprio Call me for a free chat ….I would love to help you stay committed to winning the ‘Ultimate Prize’ Get all the contact details at www.karenjscott.co.nz
This Is Who I Am And I CAN Do Anything!I would love to be able to help you see all that is so loveable about YOU. Contact me for a FREE Chat at www.karenjscott.co.nz
"Rock Bottom became the foundation on which I rebuilt my life." - J K RowlingBeing stuck in a rut can drag you down, make you feel depressed, or as if life is something you just go through day after day but no longer enjoy. This can slowly happen without you realizing it; then one day you wonder what happened to your life, and when did this happen to you? For many daily life is designed by some form of routine which can’t be avoided, like going to work eight plus hours a day, taking the kids to and from school each day, cooking and cleaning which can be all so mundane and predictable. Sometimes the reasoning behind routine is because it provides a safety barrier…where you get comfortable with your life and feel secure in the way it is, so why change? However, sometimes routine can start to get you down, can leave you with a feeling of disassociation and can start causing problems in relationships, work and daily life in general….and gradually you become unhappy, bored and bogged down in a rut. This is the time for CHANGE and FAST!!! Dig yourself out of the hole and start enjoying life again. It’s when we hold things back, start worrying about everything and habouring grudges that many problems occur in life…mental, emotional and physical problems. When things are allowed to ‘build up’ we get overwhelmed. Most of us don’t even enjoy ‘our own’ company when we feel like this.
"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old but on building the new." - SocratesTIPS TO GET OUT OF THE RUT… - Do at least one thing everyday that is different to your normal routine, this could be something as simple as taking a short break and going for a walk, sitting down to read a chapter of a book or any other hobby you once enjoyed. - Take up a new hobby, make sure that you give yourself some times throughout the day to just enjoy something you like doing. - Shake up meal times by having something different, you can either try a different recipe or order different take out, try foods from different cultures. - Get out and meet new people, there are many ways you can achieve this, join a gym, club or attend a self-improvement class or hobby class. Attend networking groups like BNI, join organisations like Zonta, Rotary, The Lions Club, Toastmasters. - Drive a different way to work or if possible walk or start cycling, not only will this break the rut you are in but also get you fitter...if you can take a scenic route where you are by the sea or can see the mountains or the trees do so...being in nature is so good for the soul. - Take up a new sport; there are many types of sport with something for the fitter to the more moderate forms of exercise. - Do something special for someone else without expecting something in return...make someone's day. - Do something each day that is totally out of character for you, start off with small changes and work your way up to bigger ones. - If you are at home with children then change your routine throughout the day, don’t always do the same chore at the same time, shake up the way you do your housework and how you interact with the children. - Make small changes around the home or work area…it breaks up the mundane daily routine that you once had and adds spice to your life….bring excitement and joy into your day. - De-clutter your home or work area; it is surprising how being surrounded by clutter can get you down. - Be very grateful and appreciate what you already have. Go ahead! Select AT LEAST one thing from the list above and just do it! When you step back and give your self some ME time and allow yourself to stop and just BE… you create some space in your head and get clarity around how you can HAVE what you want. You will be amazed at the thoughts you have and all the ideas that just pop into your head and the magic starts to happen in your life. Go ahead….get out of the RUT and go for what you want ….be the ‘UNSTOPPABLE WOMAN’ that you so can BE! I would love to help you get out of the rut…contact me for a FREE chat! You will find all the details here: http://karenjscott.co.nz/
"There are many peaks and valleys in life. You must focus on the peaks or the valleys can pull you down. Life is a peak-to-peak experience." - Dr Robert Schuller
- Know what you want. …What is your big ‘WHY’ in life….what are you passionate about? When you know your ‘WHY’ and ‘WHY’ you want it you can then figure out ‘HOW’ you can get it. What do you really want? A No1. Question that you need to get the answer for.
- Know what your own values and beliefs are… What is important to you and what will you compromise and won’t compromise on…what are the deal breakers for you? What do you believe about yourself and life? Ask yourself questions…do you really believe these things to be true or are they someone else’s beliefs that you have been told and accepted.
- Set your goals…. Write a huge list of everything you want to do – your bucket list and start making plans to do the things that are important to you. Every day achieve a small goal and work towards your big goals. Start now TODAY!
- Look after your well-being…Having a great nights sleep is important. Sleep in a room free from technology. Meditate. Exercise. Eat healthy unprocessed foods. Do things to keep you mentally, physically and spiritually strong. Valuing your health and fitness level is crucial to feeling good and getting more things done.
- Get rid of the negativity…. Cut people, situations and influences out of your life that make you feel anxious and stressed. There are no place for gossips in your life you don’t need their drama, it is soul destroying and depressing being around these people. Moving away from negativity lifts your energy.
- Your time is valuable…. Have boundaries in life and business that honour your time. When you give away your time to things you want to say ‘no’ to….you are allowing others to use up chunks of your life. Time is your most valuable asset don’t give it away to things and people that make you unhappy.
- Be happy. Do things each day that make you laugh. Go on a date with someone that makes you happy…or date yourself and do the things you love. Give yourself flowers or that bottle of wine you enjoy, take yourself to your favourite spot. Relax and watch the sunset. Say lovely things to yourself. Watch your thoughts and words….what you think and say is what you get in life!
LIVE - LAUGH - LOVE
“You can have, be or do anything you want, you just have to want it enough.” - Karen ScottI would love to help you live an awesome life contact me know for a FREE chat. Details at www.karenjscott.co.nz
- People Pleasing
- Doubting Yourself
- Negative Thinking
- Fear Of Failure
- Criticising Yourself
- Saying YES When You Want To Say NO
- Smell The Possibilities
- Set Your Goals
- Make An Action Plan
- Believe You Can Have It
- Focus On What You Want
- Hang Out With Like Minded People
- Don’t Worry What Anyone Else Thinks About You
- What does the life you want really look like?
- What don’t you want?
- Are you at the stage where you thought you would be at this time of your life?
- Have you a dream that you would love to achieve?
- Identify the talents and skills that you are good at?
- What skills do you want to master?
- How much money do you want to earn?
- What did you most enjoy doing as a child?
“First get what you want accomplished before you’re too busy to remember what it is you wanted to do.”How do you start making more of yourself – how do you start winning, succeeding? STUDY SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE A great place to find the answers is to study successful people and learn what it is they do. Why try and reinvent the wheel and do it the hard way learning it all yourself – which can take years, cause you lots of stress and cost a lot of money! It is important to get clarity around what it is you really want. Set an action plan in place and get the basics right. Put firm foundations in place and then you have something great to build on. Get to really know yourself and what is important to you. Get clear on who you want to be, and what you stand for…What is the legacy you want to leave? Think BIG, and then much bigger. Then get going, show up even if you don’t know what to do. Start and then things happen. Just do something – do anything it is better than standing still. If you want to change your life and have more success then read and listen to everything you can from people that are doing what you want to do. Study successful people and get a jumpstart on the game. ONE THING STOOD OUT From the many successful people I have interviewed one thing that they do has stood out consistently. That is they all get up early and have a set morning routine….rituals that they do every morning without fail. They are non-negotiable and they believe this is what sets them up for the day. Giving to yourself first thing in the morning nurtures your soul and boosts your energy. It might be they start with exercise or meditation. Go for a power walk and listen to audios, do some reading, have a sauna whatever the ritual is for them. It might be a special breakfast or that first cup of coffee while contemplating their day. These rituals are their habits and are as important as the big decisions they might have to make later in the day. Getting up early they have a head start on the rest of the world and their productivity soars. One small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day! Successful people are able to tell you with absolute clarity what it is they want in life. They have the certainty and the confidence that they will get it. Successful people get on with their day and do all the things that unsuccessful people don’t do. Starting with their early morning rituals. STRUCTURE IN YOUR DAY If you want more success then get some structure in your day…set your priorities and start your day early with your set morning rituals and give to yourself first and watch how your day will power ahead. Join the club of highly successful people and live a happy, healthy and vibrant life. When you fall in love with life the limitations disappear and your resistance falls away allowing more of what you love to come into your life. “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routines.” - John C. Maxwell What is your morning routine? Is it setting you up for a successful day or an unsuccessful one? Ask yourself - what is it that you need to do differently each day to get what you want? Turn your ‘Rituals INTO Results’ and get a life that excites and drives you. Do the things that others don’t do and watch your life skyrocket. Your rituals allow you to push through challenges. These rituals become your disciplines and once you discipline yourself in one area of your life you will get momentum and it flows into other areas also. It’s not what you get that makes you happy it is who you become and what you are able to give because then you become more. It’s the little things that you do consistently with purpose that shape your life. Take back the control of your life follow what successful people do and start your day with rituals that will create a new way of life. ‘A life well lived is… is getting up an hour earlier to live an hour more.” I would love to help you set your morning rituals and get your life on track for more success and vibrancy…contact me now for a FREE chat.
- First set up a plan that deals with the every day stresses first, get your house in order so you are not facing the same old dramas day after day….wasting countless hours of your life:Set goals for your budget that will take away that financial stress of never having enough money. Arguments about money are by far one of the biggest causes of problems in relationships.There are simple things you can do to stop your money slipping away. First write down all your monthly income and expenses. You could for instance set up a system with jars at home and label each one with the different things you need to save your money toward.Divide your money into the jars each time you receive income. Doing it this way requires discipline so that you don’t dip into the money every time you want some new shiny object.A better way might be to talk to your bank and organize different accounts where your money automatically gets paid into them each week for expenses and savings. Have these accounts set so you can’t access them easily.TIP: You will never get out of financial difficulty if your spending exceeds your income. Be strict and disciplined with your income. Getting your finances under control greatly helps with achieving your goals.
- Set goals that takes care of planning your meals. Figure out the recipes you will use each week and the ingredients required. Then you can organize the grocery list so that you get all that is required for the week in one visit to the supermarket. In that way you are not racing frantically backwards and forwards everyday wasting time and money.With this forward planning for the week you can organize the preparation in advance for the meals and it is all sorted in your head with what you have to do…. making it less of a stress when you race in the door after work.
- Control That Hectic Morning Stress Of Always Running Late – set your goals for the next day before you go to bed at night. When you know your to do list and what is a priority you get up in the morning all ready to go and know what the first most important thing is you have to tackle.A lot of time is wasted in the morning by procrastinating and trying to decide what you will do first and before you know it you have run out of time and have to race out the door and nothing has been done. It is not a productive way to start your day and it sets up what kind of mood you will be in and your attitude for the day.
- Set goals for your health and well-being….you are the NO.1 priority in your day and feeling fit and healthy helps you produce better results and that you are also able to give more to others.It is important to take care of these everyday reoccurring problems so that you have more time to make a difference with your big dreams and goals. It will motivate you and get you all fired up to take on the world.Ultimately if you are going to be successful you will have to figure out the best way of balancing all your activities and still meet your families needs.